Independent Form F Assessors required
Acorn Fostering Services Ltd is an independent fostering agency operating mainly in the Midland region. We are seeking experienced Independent Form F assessors to undertake Form F assessments for prospective carers all areas of the Midlands and surrounding Counties.
As a qualified and HCPC registered social worker, you will have proven experience of carrying out assessments of potential foster carers. A good knowledge of fostering regulations, child care law and safeguarding issues is essential. You will have excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to high-quality practice.
Please download, Application Form & Job Description from the link below. The successful candidates will be required to provide at least two positive professional references and an enhanced DBS.
For further information on this role, please contact Amanda Norman, Senior Recruitment Officer on 0116 2513550.
For application form related enquiries, please contact Ms Prina Gohil on email@example.com or ring on 0116 251350
Acorn Fostering Services Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Completed application Form must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or
Acorn Fostering Services
Acorn Conference Centre
78-80 Burleys Way
- Supervised by: Senior Recruitment Officer (SRO)
- Accountable to:Registered Manager – Fostering
- Local Office Base:Leicester
- Required to Travel:Yes
- Location:Required in the following regions:
- East Midland
- West Midland
- North of England
- Terms of engagement:£1700-£1850 per full Form F assessment once completed and approved. This rate is based on 50 hours work and is to include an average of 10 visits and attendance at panel. This includes mileage allowance for applicants living within 25 miles radius from your home address. If your assignment is carried out at a distance beyond 25 miles of your home, an extra 10% will be paid to you.
- For payment, an invoice will need to be submitted to the agency. Payment will be made by BACS; bank details must be included in the invoice.
- Independent assessors will be responsible for paying their own tax and NI.
- Familiarising themselves with the information already received in respect of the application, preliminary report, applicant information form, stage 1 checks should be monitored throughout assessment. An agreement for assessment must be completed and signed by assessor and applicants and sent to the SRO after the first visit.
- Contacting the applicants within 2 working days of allocation of the Form F assessment to arrange the first visit;
- Completing the DBS forms at the first visit and returning the ID documents to the administrator immediately;
- Advising the applicants to make medical appointments (first visit) and informing the administrator of the dates the medicals are booked for;
- Completing the assessment within 12 weeks. A minimum of 8 assessment visits are required which should take approximately 2 hours per session and should take place at the applicant’s home. If the applicants are a couple, then they must be seen individually on at least one occasion each;
- Interviewing children of the household. Observing children in the household if it is not appropriate to interview (age/understanding);
- Interviewing ex partners (who must be interviewed unless agreed otherwise by the SRO);
- Interviewing the adult children/children not living in the household;
- Interviewing any other person living in the household;
- Completing a minimum of two personal referee visits with written reports (must be unrelated to the applicants/know them well for at least two years//nor should they be the applicants line manager or managed by the applicants;)
- Completing 1 family reference;
- Completing any additional references as identified;
- Monitoring the contents of statutory checks and references/cross reference against information provided by the applicants during the assessment (raise any concerns with the SRO immediately);
- Advising the SRO/administrator of any work with children/vulnerable adult including voluntary positions that the applicants have undertaken but has not recorded on the Applicant Information form (examples – youth clubs/dance classes/support in schools etc);
- Completing Health and Safety documents (any concerns to be brought to the attention of the SRO immediately);
- Completing the assessment within the timescale and to a high standard;
- Typing and proof reading of the form F and to make available an electronic version to the agency;
- Making amendment to assessment as requested and within identified timescale;
- Panel date should not be changed unless agreed by SRO;
- Explaining the panel process to the applicants prior to their attendance at panel;
- Presenting of the assessment report and supporting applicants at Panel;
- Adhering to agency policies and procedures;
- Support applicants to produce carers profile and welcome booklet;
- Complete back up carers visit and assessment as applicable;
- Ensuring that confidentiality and security is maintained when dealing with all information/materials. Ensuring that all data is treated in accordance with the requirements of Data protection legislation, Fostering Regulations, the National Minimum Standards for Fostering and OFSTED Requirements.
- All references should be face to face and should be undertaken early /mid-way through the assessment;
- Personal referees must be interviewed face to face unless they live too far away, then agreement for a telephone interview must be sort from the fostering manager through the SRO;
- If adult children are travelling/living abroad etc, then written reference/email/skype/telephone interview may be undertaken with the agreement of the fostering through the SRO.
- All ex partners should be interviewed (irrespective of whether they have had children together or not). If they refuse to meet face to face then discussions must take place with the SRO to agree how references should be obtained;
- If interviewing an ex-partner could represent a risk to the applicants or their family then this information will need to be verified by a source other than the applicants.
- References visits should be signed by the ASW. Any concerns arising from referee interviews must be brought to the attention of the SRO immediately.
- Assessor will meet with SRO for supervision 3 times and regularly liaise as required.
- SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN AND VULNERABLE ADULTS The agency is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults within its care. As an Independent Assessor, you are accountable for ensuring that you know how to respond when you are concerned for the safety of a child, young person or vulnerable adult. The agency will support you in this process by providing training, support and advice. The agencies safeguarding lead is Lionel Boyce and he can be contacted for guidance.
The Independent Assessor/Social Worker will be responsible for:
Dip SW, CQSW or equivalent social work qualification
Experience of carrying out form F assessment of prospective carersDesirable
Experience of working with looked after children
Knowledge and understanding
Knowledge of Ofsted, National Minimum Standards for Fostering Services
Knowledge of the current Fostering Services Regulations
Knowledge of current child care legislationDesirable
Experience of working with the secure based model
Skills and Abilities
Ability to write clear reports
Ability to analyse and interpret information objectively
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent inter personal skills
Ability to explain information in a clear and concise manner
Good administrative skills
Good planning and organisation skills
Ability to use computers
Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlinesDesirable
Ability to use the agency database
Commitment to and knowledge of equal opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice
Ability work outside normal office hours as required
A positive and flexible attitude to changes and developments
Current driving licence and use of carDownload Job Application Form Download Equal Opportunity Monitoring Form
Download Complete Guidance to Fill Application Form